Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Thursday, August 3, 2017

INDIAN STYLE FRIED SPARE RIBS

Last month, I have tried many recipes from this cookbook and to me the dishes are tasty and delicious.  With some modifications, the recipes are easy and simple to follow and truly Chinese style of cooking. 
As there are still some recipes which I love to try, this is still the cookbook which I would like to refer for this month's Cookbook Countdown Event#20.
Just like this dish, even though its' name is Indian style with the use of curry powder,  it is not spicy or has an intense curry flavor to the Malaysian tastebuds.  Nevertheless, these  fried meat pieces are fragrant, tasty, delicious and appetizing.  I did enjoy chewing at it and couldn't stop just with a piece.

It is worth giving this recipe a try.  There are a few more tempting recipes from this book which I will try before putting it aside.
Recipe adapted from Chinese Cuisine Cookbook with modifications
Ingredients
[serves 3]
350  gm meaty spare ribs [I used the neck portion]
½ egg yolk
2-3 tbsp cornstarch
Marinade
½ tbsp each of curry powder and sugar
½ tsp each of salt and 5 spice powder
¼ tsp each of msg and ground black pepper
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce and chopped garlic
½ tbsp cooking wine

  1. Cut spare ribs into bite size pieces
  2. Mix ribs with marinade and leave for  at least 30 minutes , then add in egg and mix well.
  3. Add in cornstarch, mix well. I marinate it for several hours.
  4. Heat oil in wok [I prefer to use my 16 cm saucepan, less oil needed] over medium heat, pan fry ribs until golden brown for 6-10 minutes or until cooked through. 
  5. Dish up and serve.
Cookbook Countdown

I am sharing this post with Cookbook Countdown Event #20 hosted by Joyce and Emily of Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking [Makan2] Foray respectively

4 comments:

Phong Hong said...

Kimmy, very exotic mix of curry powder and 5-spice powder. I must try it!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, the flavour is good. Glad I tried cos' these are aromatic and delicious.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy, I have seen lots of delicious recipes you have tried from this book. Like you, I have a book on China food which I cannot stop cooking from, as we have liked what I have tried so far, so I am still using the book a few times each week.
Your curry spare ribs looks so delicious!
sorry for visiting so late, have lots of catching up to do! :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I can understand. Me too very busy will loads of duties and chores to clear otherwise, I would have been able to prepare more dishes from this book. Still a number which I love to try. These fried ribs are tender, tasty, aromatic and not dry. Awesome.

Nuffnang Ads

Blog Archive