Followers

Friday, May 26, 2017

MANGO SALAD WITH LEMONGRASS DRESSING

Don't be put off with this salad recipe after looking at the long list of ingredients needed.  First look you may not wish to try.  This was my experience and response when I first looked at the recipe.  I chucked it aside straight away and that was years ago.
Last week, I was clearing my drawer and came across this piece of paper with the recipe.  Since, I had a some time, I took the trouble to read through the ingredients.  Hahaha!, I happened to have all the ingredients needed.  Timing is just right and I made this salad that day itself and I could clear off a can of lychee in the pantry.

Light and refreshing salad.  Crunchy mango, sweet canned lychee flesh and fragrant mint and coriander leaves.  Dressing is not overly savoury or sweet.  Add more lime juice if you want it to be more tangy.

Ingredients
150 gm shelled prawns - blanched to cook and drain
1-2 mango [depending on the size] - peeled and shredded
4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
4 sprigs coriander leaves
Dressing [ combined]
1 stalks of lemongrass - white part only - thinly sliced
1 red chilli - seeded and sliced
Juice of 5 calamansi lime
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tsp sugar


  1. Mix dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Set aside.
  2. Prepare the remaining ingredients and toss well with dressing.
  3. Chill in the fridge until serving time.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I know I will enjoy this salad, Addition of lychee is something new to me but I welcome it as I love lychee. Must be very nice in this salad!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, can say I am curious and just love to try new recipes and also to clear some food ingredients in my pantry. Hehehe!