Followers

Monday, January 18, 2016

CNY 2016 - BUBBLE RICE CHOC CHIPS COOKIES IN PAPER CUPS [泡泡米曲奇]

After baking a batch of the Bubble Rice With Nuts Cookies recently, I baked another batch last week.  This time, instead of nuts, I used chocolate chips.  They turned out as good and well like the first batch.
Now, it looks like we have a choice of using nuts or chocolate chips.  Maybe next time, I'll try with dried fruits but not too sure if they can be as crispy and crunchy.
This recipe should yield about 110 pieces.  I doubled this portion and managed to get about 218 pieces. 
Ingredients
[Makes 110 pieces]
200 gm butter
80 gm icing sugar
200 gm potato starch -sifted
80 gm rose flour [I used plain flour]
80 gm rice bubbles (crispy rice)
80 gm chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
  2. Sift in potato starch and flour, continue to mix well over low speed.  
  3. Lastly add in crispy rice and chocolate chips, fold well with a rubber spatula. 
  4. Scoop mixture with a dessert spoon into paper cups or drop onto a lined baking tray.
  5. Bake at preheated oven at 150 degrees C for about 25-30 minutes or until golden crisp.
  6. Cool down cookies and store in an airtight container.
     Click Here For Other Cookie Recipes
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe
and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids

 

10 comments:

Holy Food said...

This looks so good!
I'll definitely try this out!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

Happy Chinese New Year Baking! These bite size bubble rice choco chips cookies looks yummy!

Zoe

Kimmy said...

Hi Holy Food and Zoe, I'm very pleased with the result. These cookies are good, crispy and light. I saw my hubby enjoying them. You know that kind of 'satisfied' look when they eat something nice.

PH said...

Kimmy, I can see that you are in full swing with your cookie baking! I must try this bubble rice. I always see it in the cereal section at the supermarket.

Chloe said...

Hi Kimmy. Early start for cny baking. Interesting to see potato starch here. Also did u use cocoa rice crispy or regular ones? Which do u prefer: the nuts or choc chip? Will be trying this for cny. I like crispy cookies. Thanks for sharing. Chloe

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

Hi Kimmy, This is a very interesting recipe ! Looks yummy & I bet thye're very addictive as well .Love to try it for CNY

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, I have finished all my CNY baking. I need to bake for several families, that's why I have to start early so that it isn't to stressful for me. This year I baked 10 types of cookies, that's enough. Potato starch is good for cookies, they are light and fluffy and you didn't have to use eggs. I used choc chips [semi sweet or sweet it is okay]. Honestly, I prefer the ones with choc chips. Nuts are getting costlier, so this version is more economical. I prefer crispy cookies, they gave the impression that they are fresh compared to the chewy ones.

Kimmy said...

Hi Kit, these are very addictive cos' they are crispy and aromatic. Do try and I believe you will like it. One of the easiest cookies to bake.

Chloe said...

Hi Kimmy. Potato starch and potato flour. They are the same right? Wow u work fast. Already done with 10 varieties! I haven't started yet lol!

Kimmy said...

Hi Chloe, I supposed it is the same. Baking cookies is rather quick, it is only the preparations and the quantity you make taking up much time.