Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

JAPANESE VEGETABLE OMELETTE

Back after a short break, away from home and IT gadgets.   Everything been so easy going. 'Carefree days' in a big city, spending time with relatives and reminiscing the days  we had in the past, hehehe!.  The good old days.... Must do this often in future.
Now about this omelette, it has lots of vegetables. It can be eaten on its’ own for lunch or serve with rice at the dinner table. 
Preparation and cooking is easy. This portion is enough to make 2 pieces but I fried the batter all in one piece and cut it into 6 pieces.
Ingredients
[makes 2 pieces]
100 gm small prawns – shelled and diced
2 small squids – cleaned and cut into strips
150 gm cabbage – shredded
Some chopped coriander or chives
2 large eggs
Cornflour or plain flour enough to bind the ingredients
Seasoning
2 tsp chicken or ikan bilis stock granules
1 ½ tsp salt
Dash of pepper to taste

  1. Mixed all the ingredients together in a big bowl. 
  2. Add in the eggs, then flour gradually until flour stick to the vegetables [thick batter].
  3. Add seasoning to taste and mix well.
  4. Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil. Pour in the mixture and spread it evenly. Fry over medium low heat till firm and golden brown on one side.
  5. Flip over to fry the other side until cooked through. Turn to high heat to fry awhile for added crispiness before dishing up.
  6. Slice into triangle pieces before serving with some chilli sauce.

6 comments:

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Hi Kimmy,
Glad to know you had some great time with relatives. This omelette looks so yummy.

Jasline @ Foodie Baker said...

Hi Kimmy, this looks like a great side dish to go with rice too! I like!

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! I just came back this week too from a 1 week break in my hometown. It was so good to be away from all the stress here hah..hah... And now back to real life... :( This omelette sounds good. Can make a very good hearty side dish or can have it as a protien and vegetable rich breakfast.

Kimmy said...

Hi Karen, Was glad I made the trip to KL for a week. Had a really good time with relatives and enjoyed almost all the authentic local KL food which I used to have decades ago when I studied and worked there. Just relax and enjoy.

Kimmy said...

Hi Jasline, I can have this omelette on its own for lunch. Nice and easy to prepare.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I was in KL for a week. Stress and hassle free. Just go places and eat, eat and eat but I did go for daily morning exercises cos' there is a very nice recreation park at my aunt's Taman. I really enjoyed the authentic local KL food which was made possible through my aunt's arrangement. Grateful for all her care and arrangement. My cousins, too. Must make this kind of trips more often.