Followers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Pan Fried Salmon With Tasty Onion Salad

Whenever fresh fish are not available in the wet markets, I will look for salmon blocks in the supermarkets. At times, they are reasonably cheap and is a good option.  Bought several pieces to cook this simple dish which costs less than RM 10.00.
Just pan fry the salmon blocks until brown and serve with an easy onion/carrot salsa. I didn't add any oil to the salsa. Hmmm.....isn't this dish yummy at the dinner table.

Ingredients
[serves 3]
3 pieces of salmon blocks – seasoned light with some salt
Onion/Carrot Salad
1 white onion – thinly sliced
1 small carrot – shredded
1 tbsp plum sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
Some chopped coriander
Some toasted sesame seeds

  1. Soaked shredded onion and carrot in ice cold water. Drain in colander.
  2. Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl. Add in the onions, carrot and coriander.
  3. Mix well and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds. Set aside.
  4. Heat up a non-stick wok with minimal oil. Pan fry salmon pieces until brown and cooked.
  5. Dish up on serving platter, serve with salad and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, this is such an appetizing dish! So far I have only steamed or baked the salmon. Must try pan frying. The onion salad sounds good and goes very well with fried fish.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, use a non-stick pan for frying salmon is best cos' very little or no oil is needed. Just serve with a squeeze of lime, dash of pepper and salt with some small chillies, hmmm.... perfect.

Baking Taitai said...

Another of my favourite dish... you can cook very well, wish you are my neighbour Kimmy!

Kimmy said...

Hi Cheryl, you are very good in baking and cooking is not a problem too. I believe one would enjoy cooking/baking if they are doing it for their loved ones or people who appreciates. I love cooking simple dishes that are delicious yet tasty. My friend said I spoil my hubby with all the good food. She said she will ask he hubby to cook on 1,3,5 or 2,4,6 when he retires. I told her hubby to think carefully before retiring, hehehe!