Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fish and Egg Sambal Tumis Curry

My previous posts are all about my hassle-free Sambal Tumis Paste. Click here to see related post
Again, this curry is cooked using the same sambal tumis paste which I prepared earlier.  Didn't plan to post the dish, so they are no photos taken on the steps of cooking.  But  decided to post it when I found this curry so good.

It is so easy and quick to cook that you can get to enjoy this claypot of delicious curry in a short while.
Isn’t this claypot of fish and egg curry with lady’s fingers a complete meal for the family?  
Really hassle-free and ‘no-sweat’ at all. No reason why you should head to the Fish Head Curry stall at the food court for a delicious pot of fish curry. The waiting there is longer than cooking this at home, hehehe! I find it so convenient and very satisfying.
Feel free to cook a bigger portion if you like to make this a One Dish Meal with rice.
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
1 large piece of Spanish mackerel fish block – cleaned and keep whole
2-3 hard boiled eggs- shelled and keep whole
5-6 lady’s fingers – cut half and blanched or steamed 
Some daun kesum [optional]
3-4 tbsp sambal tumis paste [more if you want more gravy or spicy]
½ tbsp tamarind paste mixed with 700 ml water – strained
Salt and sugar to taste
  1. Pour tamarind water into a pot. Bring to boil together with daun kesum leaves [if using].
  2. Add in the sambal tumis paste and let it boil for several minutes until the water and paste are well mixed and thick.
  3. Add in fish, eggs and blanched lady’s fingers. Bring to boil until fish is cooked through.
  4. Add in salt and sugar to taste and adjust seasoning.
  5. Serve with rice.

6 comments:

Madeline said...

Hi Kimmy, your fish n eggs sambal curry makes me drool as i love spicy food.:) wished that i am your neighbour :D
thanks for sharing your recipe.

PH said...

Kimmy, I came here earlier and now come back again to admire your fish and egg sambal tumis curry. It looks so delicious that my stomach is growling at this hour hah..hah... This sambal tumis is proven to be so versatile and can be used to cook so many delicious dishes!

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

Dear Kim,
Happy New Year!
Your curry looks very inviting and yet hassel free to prepare. I would like to give it a try one day, thank you.

Kimmy said...

Hi Madeline, you are most welcome to be my neighbor and I'm more than willing to share it with you. That's what I usually do whenever I baked or cooked too much. The other day, I cooked my family's popular Prawn Mee Noodles [Penang Hokkien Mee] for my neighbor's family of 14 people. They love it so much.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, yes this is a good and versatile sambal tumis paste. Can cook a wide range of dishes ranging from seafood to vegetables and eggs, even salted fish and anchovies. What more can we ask for with this EZ sambal paste. Yesterday, I cooked the Malay style curry fish with this paste by adding curry leaves and some coconut milk. It was good too even though not authentic.

Kimmy said...

Hi Aunty Young, these days time is never enough to use. Simplified cooking is less stressful and the family can still enjoy good home-cooked food without much hassle.