Followers

Friday, July 18, 2014

Thai Style White Cut Chicken

Delicious, tasty and spicy white cut chicken.
This is can be prepared from leftover boiled chicken [pak cham kai] or cook chicken as per recipe.  This time, I omit the ginger bud as it's difficult to get and rather costly.  Without it, the sauce tasted good though.
Verdict - Sweet, sourish, spicy and savoury sauce white cut chicken.  Good on its' own or with rice.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 90
Ingredients
[serves 4-6]
2 chicken whole legs
1.5 litres water
50 gm ginger - bruised
5 pips garlic - bruised
2 stalks spring onion
1/4 tbsp salt
Sauce - Mixed
6 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
2 cili padi - chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves - finely shredded
1 tsp fish sauce
4 petals of ginger bud - chopped 
  1. Bring water to boil with ginger, garlic, spring onions and salt.
  2. Add in the chicken, cover and bring to boil again.  Off heat and leave the chicken in the pot for 45 minutes.
  3. Remove chicken and immerse in a basin of ice cold water for 5 minutes.
  4. Dish up and drain.  Debone chicken legs and cut into pieces.  Place on serving platter.
  5. Drizzle the sauce over and serve.
I'm submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #14 hosted by 
Joyce of Kitchen Flavour

8 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I love pak cham kai! If I eat chicken rice, this is my choice of chicken not the fried one. With this Thai sauce it is even tastier! But I am hopeless on chopping chicken :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, you can debone the chicken then just cut instead of chopping.

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Oh yes ... delicious with Thai chilli sauce on this pak cham kai ! I usually will cook this (boil the whole chicken) during festival period where there are more 'invited guests' coming to my place for dinner ^-^.

Jozelyn Ng said...

I am hungry looking at this, yummy!

Kimmy said...

Hi Karen, believe me, I'm still thinking of this pak cham kai with Thai chilli sauce - sweet, spicy and the meat is tender juicy.

Kimmy said...

Hi Jozelyn, with you kitchen gadget I think you can make this dish very fast, hehehe!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
Pak cham kai is my favourite! I prefer it over the roasted chicken when eating Chicken Rice.
The spicy sauce looks great served with pak chiam kai!
Thanks for sharing with CYB!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, surprisingly many people prefer Pak Cham Kai but these days most Chicken Rice stalls don't have it.