Followers

Monday, March 10, 2014

Raisin Oatmeal Loaf

Hello everybody, didn't expect to be back so soon.  I should consider myself lucky cos' the accounts balanced up nicely with a near zero error.  Now the books are with the company's accountant.  My 'official' job done.
However busy, I still have to feed my family with food especially bread, the staple food for our daily breakfast.  This is the bread which my hubby gave a thumbs up.   Soft, moist and fluffy raisin bread loaf.  You can use mixed fruit as substitute for raisins.
This bread can be served plain with butter and jam.  Just with a cup of hot beverage, its' enough for a good breakfast.
The dough could be a little wet and sticky but as you knead a little longer, the dough is easy to handle.   Should be manageable if you are using the mixer.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 77 with slight modifications
Ingredients
[makes 2 loaves with loaf pan of size 7 x 3 x 3 inches or you can use 4 x 8 x 3 inch loaf pan]
400 gm bread flour
30 gm oatmeal
30 gm sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp instant yeast
280 - 300 ml ice water [add gradually]

20 gm butter
100 gm raisins or mixed fruits
some rolled oats
  1. In a mixing bowl, mix and knead the ingredients except butter and raisins into a dough.
  2. Add in the butter and knead until the dough is smooth, soft and pliable.
  3. Add in raisins or mixed fruits and mix well.
  4. Shape into a dough and cover to rest for 1 hour.
  5. Divide dough into 2 equal parts.  Round up and rest for 5 minutes. Roll out the dough and then roll it up tightly into a roulade [like Swiss roll].
  6. Lightly spray the top with water, then coat it with some rolled oats.  Place onto prepared baking tin.
  7. Rest for 50 minutes.  Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
  8. Remove and cool on wire rack.  Slice to serve.
I'm linking this post to Cook Your Books Event #10 hosted by
 Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
Cook-Your-Books

12 comments:

Lite Home Bake said...

A beautiful and healthy loaf you have there Kimmy, i can eat that the whole day :)

Kimmy said...

Hi Lite Home Bake, thanks, I'll bake another with mixed fruits which I think will be sweeter.

Victoria Bakes said...

i love wet dough because i know that will turn out to be a very soft and fluffy loaf... very lovely one you've got there for your family

PH said...

Kimmy, a beautiful and delicious loaf from you! Oh, you are the one doing the company accounts?

Veronica said...

This bread is best toasted and spread with butter. Thanks for sharing kimmy.

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely loaf, Kimmy! I love making my own breads too.
Using ice water is very interesting. I've read about it in a no-knead bread making book, but have not tried it before.
Thanks for linking!

Kimmy said...

Hi Victoria Bakes, it's quite scary for the novice baker when the dough is wet and you tend to keep adding more flour.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong,it's a nice loaf. I ate it with some salad leaves and cheese slices. Yes, my brother's company.

Kimmy said...

Hi Veronica, should be lovely but I didn't have the chance to toast it cos' it was still soft and moist on the 3rd day. We usually toast bread which are 3-4 days old.

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I tried no-knead bread but it didn't turn out well.

Betty said...

Nice healthy bread for the whole family. Welcome back.

Kimmy said...

Hi Betty, I love food blogging and sharing workable recipes. While concentrating on other tasks my mind is thinking of what to cook. Just not enough time to draft the post. Thanks to visiting me here.