Followers

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Steamed Sliced Pork with Fu Yee

Another steamed meat dish with easily available seasoning sauce that you have in the kitchen.  Simple and aromatic meat good to serve with plain white rice.
Ingredients
[recipe adapted from Yum Yum magazine - slightly modified]
250 gm lean pork - thinly sliced
1 tbsp finely shredded ginger
2-3 stalks spring onion - shredded
Marinating Sauce
3 pieces fermented beancurd [fu yee]
1 tsp each of sugar and sesame oil
1 tbsp each of shaoxing wine and light soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
a dash of pepper
  1. Mix all ingredients and marinating sauce for at least an hour.
  2. Place on steaming place with some spring onion.
  3. Steam over high heat for 10 minutes or until meat is cooked.
  4. Garnish with extra spring onions and serve with rice.
I'm linking this post to 
Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Alvin of Chef and Sommelier

I'm also linking this post to Cook Your Books #2 Event  hosted by Joyce of 
Kitchen Flavours
  photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

12 comments:

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Kimmy! I must say you are really good at such no-fuss daily household dishes! Your family is really lucky! :D

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
I love simple dishes like this, easy to prepare in minutes and so delicious with plain rice!
Thank you for sharing with CYB!

ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.com said...

Hi Kimmy, I tried this once and it was gone in seconds especially the gravy! I added lots of qei chi and you can imagine how yummy the gravy is! It's so yummy with steamed rice. Seeing this reminds me to cook this again :)

PH said...

Kimmy, this looks good! Simple but so delicious!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I'm getting to like preparing dishes of this kind. No sweat yet healthy and can be prepared ahead of meal times.

Kimmy said...

Hi Ivy, did you post this in your blog? I like to have confirmation on whether the food is good so that I can try with confidence.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, using fu yee makes a good difference than nam yue. Like Ivy, we finished all the gravy and the rest.

Kimmy said...

Hi Alvin, must say I'm getting lazy to sweat it out in the kitchen. I'm lucky too my family finished all the food that I cooked. I never have leftovers to stuff into my stomach like most mothers do whenever there are leftover food.

Veronica said...

This is what I called smart cooking. Quick, easy and clean, no oil splatters to clean up.

Kimmy said...

Hi Veronica, you are right. I'm afraid of oil splatters while cooking and I must clean up first before sitting down to enjoy the food. By then, the food would have cooled down. My family prefers steaming hot food.

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

I agree with Alvin that your family is so lucky to have you cooking all the delicious food for them. No leftovers? Must be delicious... that's why!

Zoe

Kimmy said...

Hi Zoe, no leftovers cos' the family members are 'great' eaters or is it the portion is too small, hehehe!